Woodbottom Mill was built in the grounds of Woodbottom Farm circa 1860. The weaving shed was later sold off and expanded from the 1880's. Crossley & Sons moved their shuttle manufacturing business to the mill in 1928 and were there until 2006, when the business stopped trading. The mill has declined over recent years, as industry has changed and Todmorden has become more of a favoured residential town as opposed to a worrking mill town. The site is ripe for redevelopment.
A triangular site, located within a Primary Housing Area, incorporating a near derelict former textile mill and warehouse with parking. The site is located off Hollins Road in Walsden, with the Rochdale canal to the West. Todmorden town centre and station are within approximately 1.25 miles.
A planning application was granted in 2008 and later renewed in 2011 - 11/01011/REN. Plans were passed for re-development of former warehouse to 11 new 2 bed dwellings.
The lcoal authority is Calderale and planning documents and history can be obtained from their planning portal, via this link: