I offer a completely FREE market appraisal service, where I will gladly visit your home and make recommendations as to what jobs really need doing in order to ensure you sell at the best price.
So my first tip for selling . . . . invite me round!
If want more selling tips read on . . . .
The three most important areas to consider are: Pricing, Presentation and Marketing.
- Pricing is key – get expert advice from a professional local agent. By “local” I mean the dictionary definition because estate agency is a very localised business. Prices can vary from one side of the street to the other and agents not familiar with the subtleties of the local area will struggle to give realistic advice.
- Presentation - can make or break a sale and the better presented houses will always achieve closer to the asking price.
- Expert marketing – always ensure you proof your write up and are happy with your photographs and floor plan. If it doesn’t work for you – chances are it won’t attract any buyers.
A professional estate agent will take care of points 1 and 2 but the presentation of your home is really down to you, although a good agent should point out what you can do to enhance the presentation of your property. It isn’t usually wise to spend large amounts of money on projects just to sell, but sometimes spending time and a small amount of money can pay dividends. I would advise there are two key things to think about when marketing your home in the winter months . . .
- First impressions - stand outside and look at your front door, does it need painting, is it a good first impression, do you need to fix leaky gutters or down pipes, clear away dead flower boxes and tidy up the garden?
- An inviting home – welcome viewers and potential buyers into your home by making sure it is warm and cosy, well lit and just generally a pleasant place to be.
But for the best personal advice and guidance – just call and arrange an appointment for your free market appraisal.